3.06.2005

I have admitted that I am concerned that what I write not offend or fail to take into consideration the feelings of those who are a part of the church I pastor. On the one hand, as others have said, blogging should be free enough to allow the writer to write whatever he or she feels the need to write. On the other, aren't we all called to consider the weight of our words on others? Aren't we all called to love others enough not to say insulting things to them or about them, to "filter" what we say in a way that adheres to the "rule of love"? Whether we are pastors or not, are we not called to speak words carefully, write words fashioned by grace? Shouldn't blogging fall under the same "rules" of civility and faithful living as does careless conversation or gossip?

One of my problems is that I have sometimes used this forum to express frustration and anger over life and ministry. Perhaps that is not fair. In fact, I'm sure it's not. To do so is to use the power this space offers me in an irresponsible way, I think. God grant me the discipline of loving others, even here. Amen.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger theultrarev said...

get a pen name, like, umm ... Revinator

 

Post a Comment

<< Home