3.04.2005

I have not blogged in ages. Actually, it was a God thing. I sensed, back in October, that God was telling me to stop for a time. I was spending too much time worrying about what others were reading and not enough time on what I needed to say. I think I'll give it another try.

I make no promises as to how often I will try, but I will try.

What is it about writing that I miss when I don't do it? It is process and creativity and freedom of expression. As a pastor that "freedom of expression" part is frightening. Must I always be aware that others in my church might see or misunderstand my thoughts? Does that hinder me? Yes. But I suppose that is part and parcel of what it means to do what I do. I mean, every week, as I write sermons or articles, I am always asking how this will be heard or interpreted. How do I not do that on a blog? Should I?

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger djchuang said...

WELCOME BACK! main thing you'd want to watch out for is not to write something that'd make you the first pastor fired for blogging :) :) It'd generate a lot of publicity, unwanted at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home