7.07.2006

signpost

I'm not certain, but I think last night was a turning point for me and for a few others. We've just begun the most intentional attempt yet at starting small groups in our church. The initial group has only met three times. And last night we got real. We prayed for one another, we shared our struggles and we began to become a true small group, as opposed to a group learning what it means to begin a small group ministry. Thank God.

I have spent too much time in the desert in the last year or so. Too much time. I've found a couple of oases here and there, true. But I'm ready and praying for God to bring me out to the Promised Land, flowing with milk and honey. Others in the group are as well.

Call this post mile marker 01 on the road out of the desert. Amen.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

hey! you gotta go ...

--> that way!

no,

<-- that way ...
uh ...
nope ...
^
| that way .

yeah ... i think that's it.

:-)

love you and will be praying for you all!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger theultrarev said...

If you find the way out let me know. I'm thinking about writing a book: 7 Steps Out of The Desert.

Smile a little Rev. I like it when your bald head, which blends seamlessly into your forehead, gets furroughed up when you smile and giggle. It's cute.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Hey Stacey! This is great.... but when are you going to write more?
Cathy Stanley-Erickson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home